Saturday, July 18, 2009

Bye Bye Tonsils

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Today is the day Princess loses pieces to her anatomic puzzle. We had strict orders that she could have no food or drink after midnight. So, I treated her to a small iced coffee - blueberry & decaf - last night. Also, a bag of fritos with dip. I then allowed her to stay up later than Angel so that Princess would sleep later. Princess is a crazy kid... she doesn't like to stay awake. She likes to sleep... odd, right?

Anyways, Angel & Princess go to sleep followed shortly after by hubby & myself. We woke up just in time for me to get Angel to school, drop something off at Princess' classroom, and go home. I never ate breakfast. I think it'd be pretty rude of me to eat in front of a 5 year old, u know?

So, we left for the hospital around 9:45 or so. We had to be there for 10:30. We sat in the waiting room and waited and waited and waited and then we (Princess, hubby, & I) were brought into the room to get registered. That was when we learned that they misspelled Princess' name so we stayed there waiting while EVERY piece of paper was re-stickered with her correct spelling. While the nurse was printing out new stickers, Princess was to strip down to a hospital gown and hospital jammie bottoms and hospital socks. And, since I chose to be the one by her side, *I* got to dress in a big ol' marshmallow suit. When we were done registering, Princess got to choose what scent she wanted her sleeping gas to be. She chose Watermelon. I would have chose the frosting one (yes, they had that scent!) but, I'll have to wait for my next surgery LOL.

We finished registration and was brought back to the waiting room. To wait some more. Finally, it was time for Princess to go in for her surgery. I followed everyone back to the sleep/surgery room where they put her watermelon mask on her face and had her try to pop the balloon. She never popped the balloon, but fell asleep, nonetheless. I didn't believe she was sleeping though because her eyes were still open. I don't know why I didn't believe it though, have seen her father sleep? Yup, you guessed it, with his eyes open! Scary!

So, now that she's sleeping, I'm guided back to the waiting room where I can finally rid myself of the big ol' marshmallow suit and we wait. While waiting, I went down to the gift shop and purchased Princess a Webkinz and a gift bag. I also got to read some of New Moon (book 2 of the Twilight series) in the waiting room and then, after all the familiar faces left and a bunch of new faces appeared, the phone finally rang for us. We were guided down to recovery where Princess was waking up and drugged up. She proceeds to tell us that she didn't feel anything (man, I love anesthesia!) and then dozed off. She was pretty hilarious on that bed! She'd wake up, make a few funny comments then go to sleep. But then, she decided she really didn't want to be there anymore. She just wanted to go home.

And, we were allowed. Her surgery was scheduled for 11:40am. I don't know exactly what time she was put to sleep because there was no clock in the waiting room and I never looked at my cell. But, I DO know that we were home and her resting on the couch by 2pm!

By dinner time, Princess was feeling pretty good... they drugged her up like CRAZY before we left... and had a melt down because she really wanted a french fry... poor princess!

This may be a long 2 weeks of R&R and SOFT foods!

Oh, and also, since they were already in the area, they removed her adenoids too. Which means she wont snore anymore! She never kept me up with her snoring tho, only hubby on a stupid drunken stupor night!

No comments: