Wednesday, July 8, 2009

What's the number to 911?!?!?!

Thursday May 7, 2009

OK, as you may remember from my post on 5/5/09, I am sicker than a dog. Well, I went home tuesday and went to bed. But not before I drugged myself up with DayQuil. I couldn't even read any of Twilight, which I really wanted to do! Especially since I had dreamt that I was IN Twilight. Not as Bella or any of the other characters, I was my own character. I was Bella's sidekick and was able to tag along and know all about the vampireism and it was all good!

Anyways, I went to bed, woke up and took more drugs and attempted to eat (OK, fine... DRINK) some chicken broth. I felt better... for the most part... I no longer felt like I was going to die... I took more drugs a little later and went to bed.

I woke up on Wednesday and felt GREAT... a little stuffy but I didn't ache or anything. Went to work and was all happy go lucky. It was a pretty good, actually.

THEN, I woke up this morning *it's Thursday now, play along with me* and I just couldn't breath. I think I now know what an asthma attack feels like. I kept struggling and drinking LOTS of water and figured "If I can just finish up here so that I can go home and call my dr." It felt as though my throat was tightening. My work lasted on and on and on and on and felt like it was never ending. I kept thinking I was going to suffocate to death. Finally, I panicked... I thought I was just going to drop because my throat was so closed up. I told my boss (more like CRIED to him) that I couldn't breath, I had to leave. He was like "You want me to call an ambulance?" where I QUICKLY said NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! BUT, it was too late... he dialed, THEN hung up... Which, as you know, they ALWAYS call back... SOOO my boss says that I can't breathe and they send an ambulance.

So, here's where it gets even WORSE... two paramedics get out of the ambulance and they are FRIGGEN HOTTTTT!!!!!!!! OH. MY. GOD. You think I was having a hard time breathing before? You should see me now that there's 2 REALLY HOT guys pawing all over me (Fine, they were checking my stats and whatever but, so what... they still touched me and they were HOT!)

They do all their tests and what not and my oxygen is great. They don't know what my problem is. I don't know what my problem is. All I know is that I feel like I can't breathe. It's comforting to know that even tho I FEEL like I can't breathe, I really can so that helped lower my panic attack but they bring me to the hospital, just incase.

On the ride to the hospital, I really got a chance to chit-chat with them. They told me how they were JUST about to sit down to eat their pizza. They didn't even get to open their coke when the call came in. Looking into my Fran~tastic crystal ball, I see some peanut butter cookies in their future!

So, anyways, I get to the hospital, where I'm sitting in the hallway on a roll-a-way bed in front of some lady who I eventually find out is there due to chest pains she was having. We are getting quite the show from the loonies in the room that our beds are parked outside of. Apparently 1 of the loonies insisted that the clothes the hospital gave her were not her clothes because they're pink and she hates pink. Then she went to say that her mother brought the clothes to her because she hates pink and her mother hates her or something like that. EXTREMELY hilarous!!!

So, I have to pee so I get up, do my business and as I sit back down, who comes walking down the hall way? None other than MOTHER!!!!!!!!!! Who the hell called HER?!?!?!?

Anyone who knows me knows my mother. For those of you who don't, here's the short & skinny of it. She wakes up, does whatever it is she does, then goes to Bar 1 for like 8 or 9am. Then around 10am or so, she gets a ride and they go across town to Bar 2 and then back to Bar 1 by 11 to watch the Price is Right. They have a daily lottery type thing at both bars and she only goes to Bar 2 to sign the book for the daily lottery thinggie. That's the short & skinny.

So, I ask her 'who the hell called you?' where she proceeds to tell me that for some strange odd reason, she decided to go back to Bar 2 with someone exactly at the same time the ambulance is parked outside my work. Friggen figures!!!!!!!

Anyways, I talk her into leaving since I couldn't talk her into going to get my book (which was INSIDE my car the WHOLE time) and bring it back to me. The lady shows up, takes 4 vials of blood which turns it into an automatic 1.5 hour wait for lab processing time.

Husband showed up about an hour after he got home from work and sat with me for another hour. Five hours in the ER later, I FINALLY get seen by a doctor. Who turns around and tells me EXACTLY what I knew once the really HOT EMT guys told me my oxygen levels were normal... I was fine... He told me that it was just excess congestion or something and had me purchase sudafed and call it a day!

Gee, that's 5 hours of my life I'll never get back... good thing I had really HOT emt's!!!!!!

No comments: