Wednesday, July 8, 2009

So you think you can sew

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

So, the school that Angel & Princess go to has an All School Theme every year. Last year it was all about this town *well, now city* that we live in. The year before it was the Solar System (or was it just the planets) which ended up being a PERFECT fit since that was when Pluto lost its title of 'planet' that year as well. And the year before that it was about the ocean and lakes and other bodies of water. This year is Princess' first year but Angel is a veteran with it. This year, they chose Going Green. Princess' teacher (was also Angel's teacher when she was a K-Kid also) REALLY took to heart this theme. It is something she feels SOOOO strongly about.

Remember way back when when I made the quilts for Angel's pregnant teacher? Well, I made mention to K-Teacher how I made the quilts and so K-Teacher automatically volunteered me to help sew a project for the class. That project happened today, 5/13! I sew ONE thing in my ENTIRE life and the project she has in mind is for us to sew shopping bags! For EACH kid in the class. She's certain it'll only take 1 afternoon for 3 of us to sew a total of 21 bags plus have time for special snack and a special story from Moi cuz Princess is Star of the Week and her week ends today instead of Friday because she is going to have her tonsils removed tomorrow (5/14). Below are pictures of pictures of me sewing.





The guy who was helping's sewing machine broke (considering the dang thing was a million and a half years old, I'm not surprised) so he moved over to my machine while I did special snack and read the story. Then it was time to leave. I left my sewing machine for them to use it the next day and, apparently, the following day as well. A 1 afternoon project really turned into a 3-day deal BUT they were all finished and they came out FRAN~TASTIC if I do say so myself...



See that one right there? The one on the left? That's Princess' bag. I made that one all by myself. With her help. She stepped on the foot pedal and it takes about 2 seconds for a K-Kid's foot to stop after I say "stop" but, considering I've NEVER done anything structural, it's still holding strong LOL...

No comments: