Friday, February 20, 2009

A blast from the past...

I meant to write Wednesday but I've been busy & hectic and what not so it never happened so pretend today is Wednesday. (*to protect the identities, names have been changed)

2/18/08

So, I went out for breakfast with Angel this morning at Burger King. You see, it's school vacation and our week was planned like this: when the kiddos woke up, they'd go upstairs to Nanny's until I got home from work at 9:30am, BUT they each could go to daycare one day this week and I'd spend a little 1-on-1 time with the other and we'd do lunch together and what-not. Oh, and of course, on Friday we'd all drive to the airport to see Nanny off to Florida... Princess decided she wanted to go to daycare on Thursday and Angel wanted to go on Wednesday. Suddenly, we realize that one of Angel's friends is having a birthday party on Wednesday and she doesn't want to miss her daycare day so Angel & Princess swapped days. So that brings up back to today.

I got home at 9:30 and all seemed way too quiet so I go and check and, sure enough, Angel is still sleeping. I wake her up and tell her she needs to get up and shower because she's getting picked up at 10:40 for her birthday party... Then I realize since I can't spend lunch with her like planned, it wouldn't be fair when I have lunch with Princess tomorrow so I tell Angel if she hurries up and showers and gets ready, we can run for breakfast at Burger King or McDonalds so that we know we'll be back home b4 her friend's mom gets here at 10:40. Angel decides on BK and showered in the nick of time, so off to BK we go.

She orders her french toast sticks and I get a biscuit sandwich which slightly disappointed me cuz I wanted a biscuit but when I got it, it really wasn't what I wanted after all... but ANYWAYS, I'm waiting for Angel to finish up eating so I'm checking out the ads on the tray place mat and notice Barnett* Computer Solutions and think to myself, I know a Barnett*, his name is Justin*. That's when I notice Mr. Computer Guy's name IS Justin*. Like HOLY COW! I was suddenly flooded with memories.

So, I'll give you the skinny on Justin* in the concentrated version. I "met" this dude thru a friend and Justin* & I only spoke on the phone. He was labeled Phone-Sex-Justin* because he was, like any other typical 15-16 year old boy, a horny toad. When ever I spoke to him, he insisted on phone sex. So... for the first 2 minutes or so of our conversation, I would say (normally in a Ben Stein tone) 'Oh baby, oh baby, oh baby, ohhhhh' and then we could start a normal conversation... for a little while... but, oddly enough, during the normal conversations we got along remarkably great. In fact, it got to the point that I was pretty sure he was my soul mate! We were like 2 peas in a pod! I kid you not! It was weird!

SOOOOOOOO.... One day, I'm talking to Justin* and he says he's gotta go because he's going to a career fair at my high school (he lived in a diff. town, obviously) so I'm thinking its now the time to meet my soul mate. SOOOOO we plan to meet up. That's when he tells me he'll be wearing the Chubacka or Ewok or R2-D2 or some Star Wars type shirt. WHOA! Well, I went to the career fair looking for him in hopes that it was one mad cool shirt. Well, it was pretty much something an 8 year old would wear. Way gross... that was when I realized that my soul mate wasn't my soul mate. He was really my brother. Well, not my real brother, just an exact replica (non-appearance tho) of my brother in a non-related body.

We still talked the same after that and I told him I couldn't find him, we must have missed each other some how. But, he was no longer my soul mate. I moved on in search of the next bozo in my life LOL...

Anyways, seeing that ad brought more than memories. It brought curiosity! I wrote down his website and checked it out once I got home. It seems he did good for himself! I'm glad! I always like to see people I know excel! I also took the opportunity to search for him on Facebook & MySpace. I found him. Mr. Phone-Sex-Justin* growded up. Geeky, dorky, Star Warsy Justin* got buff! HOWEVER, apparently at one point he went to a drag party & dude got legs chicks (me) would KILL for! Oh, and you know how I said he was an exact replica of my brother? He's NOT gay! I mean, we all know my track record with gay guys LOLOL...

Anywho, coming across a name from an old acquaintance is always fun, isn't it? Can't wait for the next name to come across my mind!

Later peeps!

No comments: