Friday, January 9, 2009

who woulda thunk?

OK, so anyone who knows me knows I HATE basketball. I think it is the most pathetic sport ever. I mean, seriously... it was only invented so a bunch of over sized goons in redonkulous sized feet could feel better about themselves... but anyways, my nephew is on a basketball team... he's 10... or is he 11? I can't remember. But, his mother sent a text a few weeks back telling us about his 1st game and if anyone wanted to go. I told her I'd make it to one of his games one of these days... I had to find out when hubby wanted to go... I wasn't going to torture myself to basketball all by myself...

Anyways, I had spoke to her yesterday (I think *I speak to her almost daily at the school*) and she said he had a game today, tomorrow, & Monday. I told her to text me the times of the games & I'll try to make it to one of them, I had to talk to hubs 1st. I spoke to hubs & he said he'd go with me (THANK GAWD!) and so I said we'd talk about which one we'd go to later when he got home... Well... guess what, I decided we'd go to tonight's game because a) I could get it over with; b) we had nothing planned for the day; c) it's not in the middle of the day (tomorrow at noon); and d) I don't have to worry about the kids needing to hurry up and get ready for school the next morning...

SOOOOO... I head off into the car with Princess while Angel watched Hubs finish beautifying hisself... I'm thinking we're going to be late and have NO parking and have to walk in the blistering cold freezing our asses off but we get there with about 2 minutes to spare. There's this BIG-ASS brick pillar that is in our view of 1/2 the court. Really fun... especially since, well... I HATE basketball... so, here I am doing my 'good aunt' deed and torturing myself with basketball, however... I consider it an excuse to take pictures (I'm a picture whore! *I took 172 pictures during a 2 hour birthday party once*) and find out that my Sugar Daddy is ref-ing the game... added bonus!

OK, so... the game starts, we're like a minute in & the whistle blows, ref says something & I'm like "what?" and hubs says "carrying"... sure, if he says so.... what ever the hell THAT means... so the game continues on and the whistle goes again & so, again, I'm like "what?" but this time sister -in-law-in-law says "traveling", yea, sure... if you say so... i thought that was carrying... hubs attempts to tell me what a carry is & I realize that that wasn't what I thought it was after all LOL... so that's when I look down & realize that my nephew isn't even playing at that time. Time to put the camera away... I'm thinking I wasted my time... then sister-in-law-in-law says that they'll be putting subs in in about 20 seconds. "So that's when *said nephew* will be playing?" I asked. "Yup," said she. GREAT!

So, buzzer rings & nephew enters the game... it was DEFINITELY entertaining... can I tell you... nephew runs on his tippy-toes. AND... he gets mad & he hunches his shoulders and suddenly looks like he could charge you like a bull... wayyyyyy too funny since he has this look of a kid who's pretty much a dweeby-wimp (true story... he's such a dork!) But anyways, I'm snapping pics every now & then and trying to figure out what the hell all these fouls are for and Princess announces that she has to go potty. I told her she had to wait 5 minutes until half-time break and I'd bring her... so she went & sat with hubs.

Half-time came - score was 10 them, 6 us... wasn't really looking good since their 10 came EASILY and our 6 looked like total LUCKY shots! I mean, we couldn't even get a free-throw! So, Princess gets her potty break and the game starts again. A friend of Angel's was there becuz her brother was on the opposite team and Angel & Princess wanted to go play with her so I told them to get lost (they were still in my eye-sight, just not up my ass anymore) So now, I'm finally kinda understanding the game and Twinkle Toes finally gets the ball... woo hoo! Go Twinkle Toes... whistle blows... WHAT the hell happened now? Traveling... Good old Twinkle Toes, if you didn't run on your tippy-toes, you'd be able to stop once you got the ball so you could dribble.

Anyways, this really short kid (which surprises me, cuz aren't you supposed to be over sized to be able to play? this kid was the shortest THERE) shows up outta nowhere *really I think he was just hidden behind all the normal sized players* and makes a basket... YES! suddenly we come back & the score is 10-10 and then our team gets another chance at free throws... he gets 2. First shot... bounce... bounce... position... roll the ball.... shoot.... miss... DAMN! second shot... bounce... roll the ball... position... roll the ball.... rock back and forth... roll the ball... aim... roll the ball... aim... throw... WHOOSH!!! 11-10 us... THAT'S the point that's going to win the game... suddenly I'm into the game, so what if I don't like it, we're winning! I'm watching these little kids run back and forth... suddenly Twinkle Toes gets the ball again and we're like THROW IT TWINKLE TOES (except we used his real name) and a little brat stole it from him... crap! other team comes back & scores... now we're losing again... then, outta nowhere, you remember that really short kid I told you about earlier in this paragraph? He comes back and he scores a basket... then the other team grabs the ball & they're going back & forth on the court.. and Twinkle Toes gets the ball again & we're like THROW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And he throws it... I'm on the edge of my seat... he missed it... hubs said if he gave it a little more UMPH, it woulda went in (see, I told you twinkle toes was dweeby) and that's when I told sister-in-law-in-law that even though I don't like basketball, I was about to jump up outta my seat & cheer like crazy if Twinkle Toes got it in. She said she was going to as well... LOL...

Anyways, we're coming down to the last 2 minutes and its a very close game... we're losing... but then shorty & another kid show up and go back & forth hogging the ball but they scored... then again... so now the score is 19-16 us... HOLY CRAP! GET THAT DAMN BALL AWAY FROM THEM!!!! THEY'RE GOING TO SCORE! OH MY GOD! LETS GO DEFENSE... finally our team is able to get the ball away from the other team without them scoring any... our team has the ball they're coming up court... we yell SLOW IT DOWN THE COURT... I guess you only get 3 seconds in a box... it'd suck to have to give the ball up... so he's slowly doing it... then the other team gets the ball again... I'm like CRAP! Then the countdown starts... 3...2...1... BUZZZZZZZZ WOO HOO!!!!!!!!! WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELL YEA!

I'm suddenly clapping like crazy, screaming, and clapping like a huge fan... you never woulda guessed I hate basketball... I think it's OK when its played by kids... they're cute... not over sized goons... yet... so, maybe I will go back tomorrow... we'll see...

Anyways, while I was writing this blog, my wonderful brother kept tweeting me asking me to announce his embarrassing childhood... so, I brought up the dum dum experience and come to find out, EVERYONE already knows that... but I wonder if he tells the WHOLE story... the part where he sticks his hand in for the dum dum AS the toilet is flushing, not after everything was down the septic... so I bring up his banana suit and his dweebiness and how he got beat up by a girl... the next blog I do, I should make it a tribute to his childhood... and yes, you have permission to do the same about me!

It's now 9pm, I'm off to watch How Its Made to see hubs! He's gonna be FAMOUS!!!!!!! Well, sorta...

No comments: